Thursday, June 4, 2009

Route 66

Kent and I took a quick road trip today down to Stroud, OK to visit a winery. Rather than hopping on the turnpike, we decided to stick to historic Route 66. After all, we've lived in Tulsa for 7 years, don't you think it's high time we explored some of Route 66? We really enjoyed the drive, saw some interesting things, and we ate at the historic Rock Cafe in Stroud. I first heard about the Rock Cafe when I saw it featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. It burnt down last year, but just reopened this week. The food was good, but I got yelled at by the owner. :( They had newspaper type menus that were really cool that also had a couple of articles and facts about the restaurant and Route 66. The front page had "50 cents" printed on it, and of course I wanted it for my scrapbook! So I took it to the register when we checked out with the intention of asking if I could really buy one, and the owner happened to see me with it and practically snatched it out of my hand and said, "You can't have that!". Yikes!!! She went on to rudely explain that they only had 22 and next time I come (yeah, I felt welcomed, let me tell you) I could have one then. Don't get me wrong, I totally get that they don't have enough menus right now because of the fire, but she didn't have to be rude about it- all I was going to do was ask... not like I had stuck it in my purse... geesh! Anyway, here are a couple more photos from our adventure today. Oh, and a card that I stepped out of the box to create... no squares!







The stamp on this card is a Verve stamp- black archival ink by CTMH, Basic Grey paper, Pantone markers, Stickles, and I used the Cricut to cut the shape around the balloon (Jasmine cartridge, I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment